Monday, July 2, 2007

Joining the herd!

For reasons unknown, i resisted starting a blog for quite some time. And for reasons unknown, I finally gave in...

Everybody around me started posting their day-to-day musing & millings online and felt very smug about it. I wondered why?? I wondered what needs of a human being, tangible or intangible, were being satiated by a thread-bare, public online journal. And when I couldnt come with any "un-indecent" reasons, I decided to test the waters myself.

To be frank, my life hasnt been interesting enough, before this point of time, to be worthy of a blog. I havent been to many cool places. I have neither seen any UFOs nor been visited by any gross aliens. I havent grown up in a war-torn country (all mine manages to get is "bilateral diplomatic dialogue", no action stuff). I dont work as a life guard in a red chaddi with a red surfboat in one hand and a hot chick I just saved, in the other! And the most disappointing fact- I havent seen any pret, chudail, khoon ki pyaasi aatma, etc which seemingly reside in every nook and corner of this country.

No GFs. All I could manage was a rumour and the gurl asked people to consider linking her to someone else, to protect her honour and dignity.

To sum up, all i have to show for my first 21 yrs on this planet is a hint of a paunch, an Engg degree, and a few random thoughts. C- !!

This is when i decided to take things in my own hands...

3 comments:

AA said...

Whats with the weird blogname?

Considering that there are more than 70 million blogs online at this moment, you will probably find it hard to be the most uninteresting.

So welcome to a place where vanity meets procrastination. Welcome to the blogosphere.

jasmita said...

brutally honest piece of writing :D !

Geetika said...

sometimes honest simple thoughts are more interesting than chudails.(we can watch aaj tak for that:=P can t we?)